Friday 2 November 2018

Writing Reflection

We have been learning about Wellington.
My learning was about Weta Caves.
I research Weta Caves to learn many amazing facts. I created a piece of  writing using  my learning about Weta Caves.

Weta Caves Scare!!!
As I get closer and closer to Weta Workshop I hear monsters moaning and goblins chuckling. I see smoke emerging out from under the front door. Walking into the building I see a big, dark, black shadow that said “hello” I stand there like a stunned bird. He runs away and giggles like a little girl  I look at Miss Dods. We walk in and we see a big eagle flying around and soldiers walking  around like they own the show.
As we get deeper and deeper into the workshop,  afraid of the characters running around I happened to look behind me and see a big spider. I try to tell Miss Dods  and the class but  they just  kept on walking. I shout out, look behind you in a scared tone. They look and they run as  fast a they can but… We run into a creepy kind of angel looking doll, I scream like a little kid, the class looks at me as if I am a 3 year old. We look back at the angel. She does a high pitched laugh and flys away.
We go in to where they created all of the statues. We look around one of the monsters wink at me and then he grabs my arm. I scream and start freaking out Miss Dods look at me like I am from a different planet. Miss Dods  and the class keep on walking.  I follow behind. I keep looking over my shoulder… I hear my name being called.  I look but I can  not see anyone, I hear it again but it is getting quieter and quieter. I run to the class and Miss Dods. We pass the big giants on our way out . One grabbed  me by the arm and said “see you later” I tried to squirm out of his hands and run but he had a really good grip. I stop because it  is a waste of time. He puts me down, I run out the door with a sense of relief to be finally out of there.

Imagine a night when you hear monsters moaning and groaning.
Imagine a night when smoke is emerging out from under the front door of Weta Caves.
Imagine a night when you see a big black dark shadow that talks to you.
Imagine a night when a  large eagle soars through the building.
Imagine a night when we get deeper and deeper into the workshop,  afraid of the characters running around.
Imagine a night when you run into a creepy kind of angel looking doll.
Imagine a night when you are looking around and one of the monsters winks at you.
Imagine a night you hear your name being called, looking but no -one is there.
Imagine a night,everything is getting quieter and quieter
Imagine a night when a monster grabs your arm and says “See you later.”
Imagine a night running out of the door with a sense of relief to be finally free.

Aleasha Atkins





3 comments:

  1. Wow amazing information I have been to Zelandia before. what was your favorite part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How freaky! I love your writing so much. Give yourself a pat on the back because clearly, you have written a shocking "show not tell" writing.

    I would love to read your next "show not tell" story.
    Until next time,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That was VERY freaky when I was imagining the Weta caves and the creepy looking doll it was freaky to imagine so well done! But at the end I was definitely relieved.

    Have you imagined your story?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.